European Roulette is the essence of casino, every casino has at least one Roulette wheel. Here is a guide on how to play Roulette both online and in land based casinos.
When playing Roulette, your goal is to predict the number on which the ball will land by placing bets that cover that number or the numbers color (red or black). The European Roulette wheel includes numbers from 1 to 36 and a 0 (which is green).
Also, when the bet timing expires, the dealer spins the ball into the roulette wheel. You win 30 times your bet when the ball stops on the exact number you bet.
Bet types of European Roulette
You can place many kinds of bets on the European Roulette table. Bets can be placed on a single number, on multiple numbers, on colors (red or black), on ranges of numbers (1-12, 13-24, or 25-36), or even on columns. Of course, each each type of bet has its own payout rate.
Bets made on the numbered spaces on the betting area, or on the lines between them, are called Inside Bets, while bets made on the special boxes below and to the side of the main grid of numbers are called Outside Bets.
Inside bets of European Roulette
- Straight up: place your chips directly on any single numbers of the table.
- Split bet: place your chips on the line between any two numbers, either on the vertical or horizontal one.
- Street bet: place your bet at the end of any row of numbers. A Street Bet cover three numbers.
- Corner Bet: place your coin at the corner (central intersection) where four numbers meet. All four numbers are covered and can pay.
- Line Bet: place your coin at the intersection of the end of two rows. A line bet covers all the numbers in both rows, a total of six numbers.
Outside bets of European Roulette
- Column Bet: place your bet in one of the boxes marked “2 to 1” at the end of the column that covers all 12 numbers in that column.
- Dozen Bet: place your bet in one of the three boxes marked “1st 12” – “2nd 12” – “3rd 12” to cover all 12 numbers of the dozen you bet on.
- Red/Black: predict what color will be the next number by placing your bet on the “Red” or “Black” box.
- Even/Odd: try to predict if the next number will be an Even number or an Odd number.
- 1-18/19-36: place your chip in either of these boxes to cover the first or second set of 18 numbers.
Obviously 0 is not covered by Outside Bets.
Neighbor Bets of European Roulette
Neighbor Bets is played on a racetrack-shaped table. This is a “special bets” table for experimented players.
Le Tiers du Cylindre (Third of the wheel)
This bet covers a total of 12 numbers that include 27,33 and the numbers that lie between them on the side of the Roulette Wheel opposite to zero. You have to place your chips like this:
- 5 to 8
Orphelins / Orphans
This bet covers a total of 8 numbers on the two segments of the Roulette wheel not covered by the voisins du zero and Thirds of the Wheel bets above. You have to place your 5 chips as follows:
- 1 (straight up)
- 6/9 split
- 14/17 split
- 17/20 split
- 31/34 split
“Voisins du Zero”
This bet covers a total of 17 numbers that include 22, 25 and the numbers that lie between them on the side of the Roulette wheel that contains zero. You have to place your 9 chips as follows:
- 2 chips on the 0/2/3 street
- 4/7 split
- 12/15 split
- 18/21 split
- 19/22 split
- 2 chips 25/26/28/29 corner
- 1 chip on the 32/35 split
This bet covers zero and the 6 numbers near zero on the Roulette wheel: 12, 35, 3, 26, 0, 32 and 15. As well as that 4 chips are placed as follows:
- 0/3 split
- 12/15 split
- 26 (straight up)
- 32/35 split
A neighbor bet covers a particular number as well as other numbers that lie near it on the Roulette wheel. To place a neighbor bet, click/tap on a specific number on the racetrack. A chip will be placed on the chosen number and on the right and left adjacent numbers. Click on the circular “– “or “+ “button to increase or decrease the set of neighbors to the right and left of the chosen number.
There are special bets for experimented players, those are “Finale en Plein” & “Finale a cheval”. Obviously, you can give it a try if you want to!
Finale en Plein
- Finale en plein 0-4-chip bet covers 0+10+20+30*
- 1-4-chip bet covers 1+11+21+31*
- 2-4- chip bet covers2+,12+,22+32*
- 3-4- chip bet covers 3+13+23+33*
- 4-4- chip bet covers 4+14+24+34*
- 5-4- chip bet covers 5+15+25+35*
- 6-4- chip bet covers 6+16+26+36*
- 7-3- chip bet covers 7+17+27*
- 8-3- chip bet covers 8+18+28*
- 9-3- chip bet covers 9+19+29*
Finale à Cheval
- Finale à Cheval 0/3 – 4 chips bet covers 0/3 + 10/13 +20/23 + 30/33*
- 1/4 -4 chips bet covers 1/4+ 11/14 + 21/24 + 31/34*
- 2/5 -4 chips bet covers 2/5 +12/15 + 22/25 + 32/35*
- 3/6 – 4 chips bet covers 3/6 + 13/16 + 23/26 + 33/36*
- 4/7 – 4 chips bet covers 4/7 + 14/17 + 24/27 + 34*
- 5/8 – 4 chips bet covers 5/8 + 15/18 + 25/28 + 35*
- 6/9 – 4 chips bet covers 6/9 + 16/19 + 26/29 + 36*
- 7/10 – 3 chips bet covers 7/10 + 17/20 + 27/30*
- 8/11 – 3 chips bet covers 8/11 + 18/21 + 28/31*
- 9/12 – 3 chips bet covers 9/12 + 19/22 + 29/32*
In this case, place one chip on each.*
A complete bet consists in placing all of the inside bets on a specific number.
For example, a Complete Bet on number 36 will have you place 18 chips to completely cover it, as follows: 1 chip on Straight-up 36, 2 chips on each of Split Bets 33/36 and 35/36, 3 chips on Street bet 34/35/36, 4 chips on 32/33/35/36 Corner bet and 6 chips on Line bet 31/32/33/34/35/36.
European Roulette payouts:
Inside bets payouts:
|Straight up||35 to 1|
|Split||17 to 1|
|Street||11 to 1|
|Corner||8 to 1|
|Line||5 to 1|
Outside bets payouts:
|Column||2 to 1|
|Dozen||2 to 1|
|Red/Black||1 to 1|
|Even/Odd||1 to 1|
|1-18/19-36||1 to 1|
RTP of European Roulette
The optimal theoretical return-to-player of European Roulette percentage is 97.30%.
The best European Roulette Strategy
The best strategy on European Roulette is to place your chips like this:
- 1 chip on each boxes from 1 to 9, 10 to 18, 19 to 27 or 28 to 36.
- 2 chips on each lines bets.
- 4.5 chips on each corners bets.
Pros of this strategy:
- Best RTP Strategy.
- Highest Volatility.
Cons of this strategy:
- Bigger bets than usual.
European Roulette is the most played roulette around the world. Named after the French word meaning little wheel, this game can be hard to understand at first.
Don't panic! Madness Bonus is here to help you to become the new roulette master and will explain everything to you, starting with the rules, the basic and advanced bets, and the ULTIMATE BETTING STRATEGY !